Monday, October 13, 2014

Video Oddities - Case Study LSD

I'm starting up something new for this site. I do a lot of wandering in the hinterlands of the Internet and find some weird and wonderful stuff. It often doesn't fit into a neat category. So, I'll just make one up. Because "I am god here!" Thanks, Lawnmower Man, I'll never forget you.

Anyway, first up is this pretty whacked-out, anti-LSD propaganda film. Not that I'm pro-LSD, any members of law enforcement who may be reading this. I see singing fish melting out of the sky because I'm delusional, not on drugs.

And so, enough of all that. First, check out the video, then read on.

Well, if LSD is going to make my food talk to me then fuck it. Last thing I need is to carry on a conversation with my steak. I mean, more than, "I love you because you are so tasty....nom nom nom."

Did you notice this was made by Lockheed? I do support the non-use of hallucinogenics by aircraft pilots, mechanics, flight attendants...basically, if you are around an airplane, you should not be tripping balls.

Okay, so first off, the chick looks like she been huffing paint even before she showed up to the party. This is not the face of a sane and sober person:

Second, LSD causes you to make poor fashion choices. Pink capris with a green and black blouse? That is not dressing for success, young lady. And then, there's this guy:

Would you order food from this man? He looks like Andy Kaufman's creepy brother. And Andy Kaufman was creepy to start with. Yeah, I said it, Andy Kaufman was a creepy looking motherfu...I have Andy Kaufman issues.

Anyway, our heroine goes to get some food and has this happen to her hotdog:

Which leads to this reaction;

This is understandable. If my hotdog turned into a Troll Doll - or, possibly, the avatar of Kim Jong Il (see below), I would freak out as well.

"I was jumping on this hotdog in the middle of Market Street." Do you get the feeling this was a common occurrence in the Sixties? Granted, my understanding of the Sixties is limited to watching Woodstock, The Trip, Wild Angels and every episode of The Monkees about a hundred times. So, my image of that distant era may be a little skewed. But who's isn't? I mean, this chick is talking to her hotdog. Are you going to believe her or me?

What did I learn? Don't do drugs and eat fast food at the same time. Hotdogs have rich family lives. The Lockheed Aircraft Corporation cares about my mental health; or, at least they did in the Sixties. Now that they are Lockheed-Martin-Raytheon-McDonalds ConGlomCo they are probably putting LSD in my breakfast burritos.

No comments:

Post a Comment