Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Free Games!!!!!

How did I miss that the Internet Archive has a browser based emulator for some sweet coin-ops from the 1980s? It must be all the paint I've been huffing lately.

Anyway, there are some great titles here - Bosconian, Star Trek, Discs of Tron, Timepilot, Galaga and Galaxian....I'm having a flashback to my childhood and the hundreds of hours spent in arcades. The keyboard controls aren't the greatest; but, we're talking about hundreds of free games. do you really want to be the guy who looks a gift horse in the mouth?

Actually, I don't want to look at any horse's mouth. Childhood horse trauma.

Grab a roll of quarters, slip on your Walkman headphones and start playing.

Bonus: There was a time when coin-op video games inspired sings. My favorite - "Froggy's Lament" from the album Pac Man Fever. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment