Saturday, September 20, 2014

iPhone Updated...Finally

Finally got my iPhone updated to iOS 8. I had to do a factory reset, then upgrade the OS, ten restore from a back-up. That is a fail on Apple's part. So far, the new OS seems okay. The Quicktype feature isn't as annoying as I thought it might be. The Messaging Details feature might be useful in the future; I haven't had a need for it in the last 24-hours, but I can see where being able to recall a messaging history could come in handy. I mean, I need to keep track of who is sexting me what, right? Time Lapse for the phone is a fun feature; since I shoot a lot of iPhone video, this could come in handy. And, the Battery Usage feature is also useful, particularly for someone like me who obsesses about the state of resources on his i-devices.

So far, I would say that iOS8 is worth installing. Like many capability upgrades, it will take some time figure out how I'll use the new features. However, I do wish I had waited until whatever back-end issues Apple was having were resolved. Anyway, I'm not going to put this on my iPads yet. Let's just see how the phone fares for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment