Monday, July 28, 2014

Happy Trailers - Mad Max, Fury Road (2015)

I'm a fan of the first two Mad Max films. The third one has some neat moments, but is mostly a watered-down mess. When I heard George Miller was returning to the world of Max Rockatansky, I was guardedly optimistic. Casting Tom Hardy as Max did nothing for me, since I have mixed feelings about his skill as an actor. I disliked him in Star Trek: Nemesis and The Dark Knight Rises, but have seen him in other movies, like RocknRolla, where he was fine.

Now that the first trailer is out, I can say...not bad. The trailer itself is really nothing but action shots - although, given what we see, it almost looks like the plot has elements of Spacehunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone in it. If you've seen that movie...well, you have earned a geek-point for today.

Anyway, we have action, car crashes, explosions, super-sandstorms, more car crashes, hot chicks looking pensive, unpleasant tattoo experiences (would you really was time looking for tat ink in post-apocalyptic world?), more car crashes, guys on poles snatching chicks, steamrolled motorcycles...basically, two and a half minutes of action money-shots. It gives the impression of a film experience like The Road Warrior. If it can come even close to equally that movie - still one of the best action films ever made - then I'll be happy movie-goer.

Here are the trailers for Fury Road and The Road Warrior. Enjoy.

Update: I can't believe I missed the Cars that Ate Paris visual reference the first time around. I lose half a geek point for that. Anyway, trailers.

Mad Max: Fury Road

The Road Warrior

No comments:

Post a Comment