Thursday, March 20, 2014

Marvel Movie Concept Art

Hulkbuster! There, got that out of my system. Wait...motherf**kin' Hulkbuster!!!!! Okay, now I'm better.

Marvel dropped some concept art for Age of Ultron and Guardians of the Galaxy yesterday, as well as photos from Ant-Man. And it all looks awesome. I was actually at the Comic-con where Edgar Wright showed his ant Man footage, but missed it. I think I was stalking some hot cosplay chicks or something. Did I say stalking? I meant, getting to know from afar.

Anyway, here are the images, with my all-important comments, of course.


First, up, we have the Hulk fighting Stark...or, at least someone wearing the Hulkbuster armor. When the Hulkbuster was featured in IM3, geeks like me in the audience got a little wood (or the female equivalent) knowing that we would get an epic Hulk vs Stark fight at some point in the future. Well, it looks like we'll get it in Avengers 2...although whether this will be Stark or, perhaps, Ultron, controlling the suit we'll have to see.


Next up, two pieces from the Guardians movie. This film looks like it will be a ton of fun. I've enjoyed the recent run of Guardians comics and the movie looks like it has the same sense of quirky fun and over-the-top action. I assume this scene is on Knowhere. In the comics, Knowhere is a space station made out of the head of a giant alien. We'll see if they keep that bit of awesome weirdness in the film.


Here we have Rocket Raccoon and Groot getting ready to kick some butt.


This image and the two following are from Ant-Man. The suit looks as good as it could and Edgar Wright is one of my favorite directors. The cast announced so far - Paul Rudd as Scott Lang and Michael Douglas as Hank Pym - is pretty exciting. I had hoped they would go for an Eric O'Grady story...but I guess we don't need a superhero who uses his shrinking powers to spy on showering women.


Quicksilver ashowing off some super speed. Hey, nobody gets between Pietro Maximoff and his morning latte. I really liked Aaron-Taylor Johnson in Kick-Ass and Savages (yes, I'm one of the three people who liked Savages...wait, it's 51% on Rotten Tomatoes...I'm with the majority! Yay!) and am looking forward to his take on one of the biggest a-holes in Marvel Comics.


I'm still not sure how I feel about the inclusion of the casting of Elizabeth Olsen as the Scarlet Witch. She just isn't sexy; she's not unattractive, but Scarlet Witch is supposed to be stunning. When I look at Olsen, I am not stunned; mildly dazed maybe. But not stunned.


I like this. I have a feeling the dialogue that goes with this scene goes something like this. Black Widow: "Hulk, you broke the building." Hulk: "Hulk sorry." Black Widow: "Well, next time just ask me if a building needs breaking before you do it."

Finally, I leave you with this: Yaya Han showing us what the Scarlet Witch should look like. "Hey, you got your stripper in my superhero!" "No, you got your superhero in my stripper!."

No comments:

Post a Comment