Thursday, January 8, 2015

Happy Trailers - Ant-Man (2015)

While Avengers: Age of Ultron looks like a home-run, what about the other Marvel Cinematic Universe film for 2015, Ant-Man? Well, we finally got a trailer this week and it looks...okay. Not much action, a little bit of snarky humor, a lot of Michael Douglas (Hank Pym aka the first Ant-Man). I kind of wish they had gone with the Eric O'Grady Ant-Man; mostly because I want to see him use his superpowers to check out Black Widow while she's in the shower.

Okay, my fantasies aside, this gives you a basic "redemption" story-arc, some motivation for the hero (he has a daughter AND a kind of whiny Hank Pym telling him why he needs to be a hero), guns being shot, people flying through windows, some flying ant riding, people walking in an aggressively purposeful manner; pretty much standard action movie fodder. Nothing really stands out and Michael Douglas's speech is delivered so lifelessly, that I hope another take is used in the film.

Marvel has more or less delivered with the last 10 movies (yes, even The Incredible Hulk is watchable, if only barely) so for now I'll assume the blahness on display here will be replaced by HOLY-FUCK-THAT-IS-AWESOMEness once I see the actual movie. And I am looking forward to seeing how Yellowjacket looks on the screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment