Friday, April 18, 2014

New(ish) Trailer - Godzilla (2014)

I go away for a couple of weeks and a new Godzilla trailer gets dropped. And I didn't have an Internet connection at the time, so I couldn't see it RIGHT AWAY!!!!. Because, I really need to get a life...um, I mean, because I have an understandable interest in this latest version of a pop-culture icon. What social ills will the new Godzilla cleverly comment on?

Aw, fuck it...I just want to see cities get stomped on by a big radioactive lizard while the Breaking Bad guy runs around being all emotive.

Anyway, I'm pretty psyched about this movie. Not only does Godzilla look good and the action plentiful, the creative team seems to be treating the subject matter fairly seriously. If the tone gleaned from the trailers is any indication - telling a dramatic, dark story and not as an exercise in bland camp like the 98 US version - then this movie is going to be not only a major hit, but the start of a new franchise of American Godzilla films.

One other cool thing: we get a glimpse of at least other monster (right around 2:17 and 2:20). If you want to see what this creature looks like in toy form, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment